This call is an opportunity made possible by Direção-Geral das Artes through the funding program “2021 Apoio a Projetos, Artes Visuais – Criação e Edição”. AiR 351 invites applications for the DGARTES / AiR 351 residency cycle, comprising 3 fully sponsored grants, aiming for 4 months long residencies especially targeted for artists and curators who, independently of where they are currently based, derive from the PALOP countries, Portuguese-speaking African countries.
Artists and curators at any stage of practice are invited to apply.
These residencies should occur in 2022 and during the first semester of 2023 at AiR 351´s headquarters in Cascais, exact calendar to be determined between the organization and the selected grant recipients.
Through the creation of these grants AiR 351 intends to: actively contribute to cultural diversity through the access to opportunities; facilitate mobility for these art practitioners and to promote their integration within the arts community.
AiR 351 is an independent international visual arts residency program located in Cascais, Lisbon region (Portugal).
AiR 351´s praxis follows a collaborative model and its team works closely with each resident on a highly supportive environment. Through institutional partnerships AiR 351´s activities encompass a variety of contexts such as museums, universities and art schools.
The DGARTES / AiR 351 Grant recipients will benefit from:
– A grant of 1150 euros/month to cover accommodation and other living expenses. Besides that, this grant exempts residents from the member fees to become an associate of AiR 351 during that period.
– In case of an artist coming from abroad this grant offers a travel fee of 600 euros.
– Access to an individual studio and to communal spaces at AiR 351´s headquarters.
– AiR 351 general activities program: integration in the local artistic community, technical and curatorial assistance, possibility of working within AiR 351 partners network (namely art school workshops), studio visits, open studios and public presentations, when possible.
– AiR 351 do its best efforts to help the recipient find suitable and affordable accommodation.
All applications documents must be included on the same file (1 document only, 10 MB max):
– Personal information (contacts)
– Letter of motivation including a brief description of current practice, statement of intent and goal of the residency (500 words max.);
– Curriculum Vitae;
– Optional: letters of recommendation (3 max.)
Applications must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject DGARTES / AiR 351 Grants
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND
– All materials of application should be written in English, once the Selection Committee is international.
– Only digital material is accepted;
– Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English;
– Candidates should not be enrolled in another residency during the same period.
– The working language is English.
Subject: DGARTES / AiR 351 Grants