AiR 351 is pleased to announce the new edition of the PLMJ / AiR 351 grant, fully supported by the PLMJ Foundation.
This grant will be awarded to one artist for a 3 months residency at AiR 351´s headquarters in Cascais during 2023.
Artists from the CPLP (Community of Portuguese-speaking Countries) at any stage of practice are invited to apply, independently of where they are based.
The residence period at AiR 351 should occur in 2023, from September to December (exact dates to be agreed between the prospective resident and AiR 351).
AiR 351 is an independent international visual arts residency program located in Cascais, Lisbon region (Portugal).
AiR 351´s praxis follows a collaborative model and its team works closely with each resident in a highly supportive environment. Through institutional partnerships AiR 351´s activities encompass a variety of contexts such as museums, universities and art schools.
The PLMJ / AiR 351 Grant 2023 recipient will benefit from:
– A stipend of 1000 euros/month (total 3000 euros) to cover accommodation and other living expenses. Besides that, PLMJ will also cover the fees for the artist to be a member of AiR 351 during that period.
– In case of an artist coming from abroad this grant also includes air fare (economy class) up to 1000 euros and health insurance, if necessary.
– Access to an individual studio and to communal spaces at AiR 351´s headquarters.
– AiR 351 general activities program: integration in the local artistic community, technical and curatorial assistance, possibility of working within AiR 351 partners network (namely art schools workshops), studio visits, open studios and public presentations, when possible.
– AiR 351 will do its best to help the recipient find suitable and affordable accommodation.
As an outcome of the residency one work to be agreed between the artist and PLMJ Foundation will be integrated in the PLMJ Foundation Collection.
All application documents must be included on the same file (1 document only, 10 MB max):
– Personal information (contacts)
– Letter of motivation including a brief description of current practice, statement of intent and goal of the residency (500 words max.);
– Curriculum Vitae;
– Optional: letters of recommendation (3 max.)
Applications must be submitted via email to the following email address referring to the PLMJ / AiR 351 Grant 2023 open call: email@example.com
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND
– All materials of application should be written in English, once the Selection Committee is international.
– Only digital material is accepted;
– Candidates should be proficient in spoken and written English;
– Candidates should not be enrolled in another residency during the same period;
– After the residency (max. 1 month after the end date) both the artist and AiR 351 should send to the PLMJ Foundation separate reports about the residency mentioning the activities developed.
Update: results will be announced to all applicants on July 13th. Our apologies for the delay.
Results should be announced until July 13, 2023.
PLMJ / AIR 351 Grant 2023.